Position: Research Assistant for Evaluation
Reports to: Director of Evaluation
Location: Brookline, MA
Category: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Start Date: August 1, 2017
As a member of the staff and in partnership with the evaluation team, the Research Assistant for Evaluation will be responsible for carrying out program evaluation activities that contribute to the evidence base for the program, inform program development and strategy, and assess the organization’s progress towards its strategic goals.
• Assist in evaluation studies by establishing timelines, tracking subjects, and collecting, managing, transcribing and entering data
• Assist in qualitative data coding and analysis and report writing
• Clean and compile quantitative data; analyze quantitative data and prepare reports
• Search relevant academic literature
• Update and create summaries of evaluation findings
• Manage and update information systems of department paper and digital files; coordinate meetings; other administrative support as assigned
• Respond to inquiries about evaluation from within and outside the organization
• B.A/B.S. required; degree in Humanities or Social Sciences preferred
• One or more years of experience with evaluation-related research preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects effectively
• Ability to carry out basic quantitative data analysis using Excel and/or other statistical packages
• Ability to analyze qualitative data, including interview transcripts, field notes, and open-ended survey responses
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Creative, energetic, self-starting
• Commitment to, and ability to articulate, the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
• Strong interviewing and observational skills preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.