Position: Sr. Events Manager, New York
Reports to: Director of Development, New York
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Location: New York, NY
Start date: July 2017
As a member of Facing History’s development department, the Senior Events Manager will support the overall needs of the department by executing events ranging in size from small gatherings to large benefit dinners, with the overall goal of expanding the revenue base of the organization and meeting its public engagement goals.
This role will have significant responsibilities for the production and management of the Annual Benefit Dinner and will work with the Director of Development, NY and the New York Development team on smaller scale events, including house parties, corporate engagement opportunities, board meetings and retreats, and cultivation dinners.
Annual Benefit Dinner (55%):
• Lead all efforts on the planning and execution of the Fall Benefit Dinner, in coordination with the Director of the Development,the New York team, and Facing History Headquarters. Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Management of all print and web materials in coordination with the communications team,
• Support of Benefit Committee, including tracking guests, invitations, and recognition
• Maintenance of all vendor relationships, event budget and vendor payments,
• Coordination of volunteers and staff and assignment of event duties,
• Oversee data entry (SalesForce), analytics, and revenue/expense reporting,
• Manage event program content as well as decor, stage design, a/v, and consultants.
• Provide on-site leadership and coordination for the day of the event.
Smaller Scale Events (35%):
• Plan, manage, and execute additional donor-focused events including salon evenings, corporate engagement opportunities, cultivation dinners, board meetings and retreats.
• Engage targeted constituencies through development and management of programs, events, and activities that deepen donor engagement and revenue growth
• Coordinate registration activities, all event logistics including table assignments, event materials, vendor assignments and contracts, print materials, internal and external communications and ongoing reporting of progress throughout implementation of all special events
General Development Support (10%):
• Provide overall support to efforts of New York development team. Responsibilities to include thank you letters and calls, donor follow up, and other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of event management or related experience required
• Creative, organized professional with demonstrated team-based fundraising success.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven successful project management and relationship-building skills.
• Creative self-starter able to work both individually and as member of a team.
• Ability to manage multiple needs and assignments in a fast-paced non-profit setting.
• Familiarity with the local non-profit and educational communities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft and Google Office suite; experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Genuine commitment to the mission of Facing History and Ourselves and ability to articulate the importance of the organization’s work.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.