Position: Online Learning Administrator
Reports to: Director of Educator Engagement & Program Digital Strategy
Status: Full-time; exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: Immediately
The Online Learning Administrator is responsible for all aspects of course and LMS management for Facing History and Ourselves’ online courses and workshops. The Online Learning Administrator is the primary contact for all things having to do with course administration including: course instance setup, registration process, course communication workflow, course metrics, and graduate credit administration. The Online Learning Administrator works with other departments to ensure that user data is being properly integrated into Facing History’s databases.
In addition to working on course administration, the Online Learning Administrator works as a member of the team to help support educators by responding to queries and producing online learning assets such as tutorial videos, documents, and FAQs. The Online Learning Administrator is responsible for QA for multimedia assets. The Online Learning Administrator may help with educator confirmation as needed.
Management of Online Courses and Workshops (70%)
• Manage courses, users, and communications workflows inside and outside the LMS for all Facing History online learning offerings.
• Manage course and workshop applications processes and scholarship administration.
• Maintain master online learning schedule and ensure timely inclusion in Events database and communication to regional offices.
• Coordinate online learning calendar, conference calls, facilitator scheduling and schedule changes, meeting planning, etc.
• Help with ongoing marketing for online learning offerings including writing/editing online learning descriptions and email drafts. Help coordinate marketing outreach execution with Communications team.
• Help to produce course content (videos, tutorials, FAQs, etc.) using elearning and multimedia applications (Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Articulate, Camtasia Studio, etc.).
• Help to maintain Implementation Center language and assets, coordinating with DI team as appropriate.
• QA elearning assets for final output.
• Oversee graduate/continuing Ed credit and certificate administration. Act as point of contact for credentialing institutions (ie University of Colorado and Lesley University). Oversee and coordinate processes for users to obtain graduate credit for projects: communication, timelines, project submission and grading processes, adjunct management.
• Coordinate logistics for course/workshop speakers (via conference call or webinar).
• Update the online learning implementation center web site in Drupal as appropriate.
• Work with the online learning team on innovation and pilot approaches for online learning.
• Create and maintain documentation for course administration duties.
• Stay current with online learning trends and new initiatives.
• Attend online learning conferences and meetings when applicable.
Support for the Online Learning Team (20%)
• Support Online Learning projects, grants, and budgets as needed.
• Prepare regular reports on online learning participation and web site usage (of implementation center) for Director of Program Digital Strategy.
• Participate in, and help coordinate, regular Online Learning team meetings; quarterly and yearly retreats.
• Responsible for mailing books and materials to customers as needed.
Additional Responsibilities (10%)
• Manage and coordinate distribution of all inquires coming into Facing History through the Web.
• Help to confirm educators as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution.
• Experience administering courses in a learning management system preferred.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Strong problem solving capability, with an orientation towards continuous process improvement
• Experience in multimedia creation and/or video production preferred. (Proficiency with multimedia tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia Studio, Articulate.)
• Experience in web production preferred. (Proficiency with html, css.)
• Excellent customer service and support oriented-approaches.
• Self-directed and detail-oriented.
• Proficiency and experience in managing data and reporting capabilities preferred. (Experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce, etc.)
• Strong proactive communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Sense of humor and glass-half-full attitude. Willing and eager to learn new things.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.