Position: Coordinator, Facing History Together
Reports to: Executive Director, Memphis
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Memphis, TN
Start date: Immediate
Facing History and Ourselves seeks a coordinator to help grow our exciting public engagement initiative in the Memphis region, the central focus of which will be a new Memphis chapter of Facing History Together. Facing History Together is the organization’s newly created affiliate group, developed to deliver Facing History content to and increase engagement with Facing History alumni and other community members in meaningful, actionable ways. It is designed as a channel for Facing History’s constituents—students, parents, organizational partners, volunteers, and community members—to participate through opportunities to converse and build connections across districts, states, and countries; create a strong environment of public support for program services to teachers and students; and build a global movement around the need for civil societies engaging humane, informed citizens everywhere.
The Facing History Together Memphis Chapter will be a pilot for the organization to help develop best practices that can inform the roll-out of Facing History Together across the country. An integral part of both Facing History’s Memphis Regional Team and the Public Engagement Team, the Facing History Together Coordinator will manage the day-to-day operations of the local public engagement activities, including but not limited to data management, social media, marketing campaigns, email marketing, content production, and training facilitation. This is a two year contract position. The position will report to the Director of the Memphis office and will work closely with not only the regional team and staff based out of Facing History’s Headquarters in Brookline, MA, as well as external stakeholders for the organization.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· In partnership with the Memphis Executive Director, support the development of the Facing History Together initiative in the Memphis region.
· Manage the Facing History Together Ambassadors, a group of emerging community leaders with a strong affiliation with Facing History, who can amplify our mission and reach. In partnership with the E.D. the FHT coordinator will develop programs and goals for this group.
· Develop a key list of community partners, local businesses, alumni network, and public engagement contacts, and management of contact data across various platforms including Salesforce and Hubspot
· Development and facilitation of events and training sessions in coordination with local businesses, community partners, alumni, and more
· Management of content development and implementation for the regional Twitter handle and other social media platforms, including Facing History’s blog, with support from the Marketing & Social Media Specialist
· Coordination of the production and approval of all promotional material to ensure that all digital and print marketing materials undergoing brand review adhere to organizational standards and guidelines
· Support the planning and implementation of the regional activities such as Community Conversations, Benefit Dinners, Student Teach In, and other
· Support the outreach, planning, and implementation of Facing History’s 25th Anniversary Celebration of the Memphis Office
· BA/BS or equivalent work experience
· At least 2 years of solid and relevant work experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Superior computer skills, including experience with Salesforce, MS Office suite, email and calendaring programs (Google Drive/Mail a plus)
· Social media and email marketing skills / savvy
· Event management experience & community partnership engagement
· Public speaking/group facilitation experience
· Strong interest in the content created by Facing History and Ourselves and the ability to articulate our mission.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.