Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Director, North America Project
Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: Immediately
As a member of program’s Operations/Administration team, this Program Assistant provides administrative support for several key organization-wide program activities.
Responsibilities include support for the following projects and initiatives:
● Innovative Schools Network, a cohort of model schools that embrace Facing History’s core themes as foundational to their mission;
● North America Project, providing professional development and support to teachers, schools, and districts outside of our regional offices--including Denver;
● Facing History’s presence at national conferences and other key events;
● Program staff development, leading the support and coordination of all staff development initiatives and retreats; and
● Planning regional program strategy through Facing History’s offices.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Provide administrative and logistical support for program events, including workshops and seminars offered in cities around the country through the North America Project; the biannual Innovative Schools Network conference; Facing History’s participation in national and regional educational conferences; and local events as requested.
● Provide support of staff development projects including, coordinating the Staff Development Team Retreats and the annual Program Retreat , as well as the Urban Education Think Tank and the Leadership Academy.
● Provide support for the director of regional strategy.
● Maintain and reconcile contact and event information in Salesforce for a variety of projects and programs, running reports as requested.
● Track expenses against budgets for a number of projects.
● Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Essential skills and qualities:
Successful candidates will have excellent organizational, communication, and management skills as well as good writing and editing skills. Candidates should already have proven ability to create effective systems for managing multiple projects. Candidates should be self-starters and enjoy working as a valued member on a team.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.