Position: Project Manager & Salesforce Administrator
Reports to: Associate Director of Digital Infrastructure
Status: Full-time; exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: immediately
The Project Manager & Salesforce Administrator is responsible for leading our organizational CRM strategy, providing ongoing administration and training for the Salesforce platform, and managing all organizational data sources and analysis. The successful candidate will embrace the challenge of solving critical business problems and implementing solutions that will increase efficiency and make staff happy. If you are a datahead who is driven to find great data and technology solutions while enthusiastically engaging your (nontechnical) teammates and stakeholders, we want to meet you!
● Work with senior management to understand business processes and organizational goals in order to implement efficient and effective data structures, workflows, and practices
● Provide data modeling, data architecture, and data plans for major digital infrastructure, development, program, and communications projects
● Provide strategies and plans to bring disparate data sources together for reporting needs; work with stakeholders to provide recommendations for data warehousing, ETL, and data visualization products
● Daily administration and support of Facing History’s Salesforce database including but not limited to managing users, profiles and roles, data cleansing, customization of objects, fields, record types, and page layouts
● Work with senior management and end-users to create and manage complex workflow rules, data validations, visualforce pages, and triggers
● Manage outsourced Salesforce implementation partners and ongoing relationships with Salesforce employees
● Monitor integration points between Salesforce and other products (including Drupal CMS, Hubspot); troubleshoot data or integration-related issues across platforms
● Lead and monitor data entry staff and data managers in strong data practices, including data entry practices and standards, database de-duping, merging contacts across platforms, and clean-up procedures.
● Deploy and manage enterprise-wide updates and changes to Salesforce database
● Manage and execute software testing processes for feature releases and updates
● Manage end-user communication/change management for feature releases and updates, and rollout of new/custom applications
● Create and document application requirements and technical documentation for new features and applications
● Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and troubleshooting/help related materials for end-users
● Remain up-to-date on Salesforce features and functionality; provide recommendations for process improvements and updates
Reporting and Analysis
● Develop and create customized reports and dashboards (not necessarily limited to Salesforce)
● Assist and train Data Managers with report design and metrics management
● Conduct high-level organizational analysis
Key Skills & Interests:
● Curiosity in technology and data solutions within and beyond Salesforce
● Communicating with non-technical teammates to ensure end user and stakeholder needs are met
● Manipulating and analyzing data
● Ability to learn complex business processes and operations
● Ability and passion for intuitively and intelligently seeking out creative solutions for efficiency and quality gains
● Data modeling and data architecture
● Salesforce integration scenarios and design
● 3-5 years of Salesforce (or comparable database) experience
● Exposure to data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Shiny by RStudio, etc...
● Certified Salesforce Administration preferred
● Prior experience moving data between sources and data analysis
● Prior experience with Google Analytics
● Prior experience deploying and managing enterprise-wide Salesforce implementations
● Strong attention to detail
● Strong documentation and training skills
● Strong communication skills, including experience translating technical concepts and decisions to non-technical staff
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.