Position: Development Assistant, Memphis
Reports to: Associate Director, Organizational Advancement, Memphis
Location: Memphis, TN
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Start Date: Immediate
Facing History and Ourselves seeks an energetic and enthusiastic Development Assistant, who will work closely with the Memphis development team to reach a new level of fundraising. The Development Assistant will help to support the fundraising strategies that will significantly expand the revenue base of the whole organization. In Memphis the Development Assistant will conduct prospect research, assist in planning and management of designated events, partner with Headquarters in maintaining donor contact information, partner with the Memphis team on the Benefit dinner, and generally support the efforts of the Associate Director, Organizational Advancement and the Executive Director in Memphis.
* Assist with the fundraising process by maintaining accurate donor and prospect information in development database (Salesforce)
* Collect and research prospect names, track all key information and next steps in database
* Process and acknowledge gifts received and pledged in timely manner
* Assist in scheduling and managing classroom and seminar visits for interested donors and prospects
* Assist in preparation for board meetings, acting as logistical lead
* Maintain events database and development calendar for events and meetings related to development
* Partner with Associate Director, Organizational Advancement and Benefit Chairs to ensure successful planning and execution of Benefit Dinner including: kick-off event, program for Benefit, Benefit Committee outreach, data entry into Salesforce, registration for event, and follow up
* Partner with Memphis staff to plan and manage designated community events
* Assist Associate Director in coordinating off-site partners, consultants, mailing process, print management, transportation and communication for all events
* Track and maintain attendance lists and registration process
* Act as front house manager during events: coordinating volunteers, information table and registration process
* Assisting in follow-up after event as needed
* Provide administrative support for development and general office activities in Memphis region, as needed. This includes word-processing, filing, database management, photocopying, faxing, mailings, etc
* Answering the phone and directing calls to appropriate staff members or taking messages. Providing information about Facing History and Ourselves to callers and visitors, making follow-up calls for events and meetings
* Other administrative support and related duties as assigned and needed
Desirable qualities and skills for this position include:
* BA/BS degree or equivalent
* Interest and experience in fundraising
* Familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and database management (knowledge of Salesforce a plus)
* Excellent organization skills, oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
* Creative energy, self-starting, ability to handle multiple projects
* Additional hours required during events; flexibility in time a plus
* Interest in, and ability to articulate, the mission of this non-profit
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted via the link below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.