Position: Development Coordinator, Foundation Relations
Reports to: Director Foundation Relations
Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: Immediate
As a member of Facing History’s Development department, the Development Coordinator will contribute to securing institutional support for Facing History’s projects and programs as assigned. This includes a wide variety of responsibilities, including writing grant proposals and reports, managing team work plans, updating Facing History’s web presence, and conducting prospect research. This position will work with and support regional and project development leads to identify, cultivate, solicit, close, steward, and report on grants from foundations and corporations based on Facing History’s annual operating plan, operating needs, and capital needs. This is an exciting opportunity for a well organized, pro-active individual to be involved with the internal workings of a sophisticated Grants team.
● Articulating Facing History’s mission, programs, and future development opportunities in writing and verbally for the organization, including foundation, government, and corporate prospects
● Supporting the grants team by managing pipeline development and workflow
● Researching potential foundation and corporate funders
● Overseeing collection and dissemination of grants team metrics
● Serving as grants team liaison for use of client relationship management database (Salesforce), in partnership with the Operations team
● Working with program staff and finance department to develop project action plans and budgets for program implementation
● Providing support for acknowledging gifts and stewarding donors
● Writing letters of inquiry, concept papers, proposals, and reports for foundation, government, corporate, and individual prospects
● Special projects, including working with individual giving team as needed
● BA/BS required
● One to two years of experience in development or related field strongly preferred
● Excellent writing, research, and computer skills required
● Excellent communication skills, in person, in writing, and on the phone
● Good time management skills, with an ability to handle multiple projects and to meet deadlines
● Excellent organizational skills and familiarity with database management
● Ability to work independently and as a member of multiple teams
● Creative energy, self-starter
● Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of this nonprofit
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.