Position: eLearning Multimedia Designer
Reports to: Director of Educator Engagement & Program Digital Strategy
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: July 1, 2017
The eLearning Multimedia Designer is a member of the Online Learning team and is responsible for designing and producing all the visual elements and multimedia assets used in Facing History’s online courses, workshops, and webinars. Additionally, this role is responsible for the building and production of online courses inside Facing History’s learning management system and for providing web design support for Facing History’s educator implementation center.
This individual is a versatile design and multimedia expert who collaborates with eLearning authors and writers to bring content to life by transforming script or presentation concepts and ideas into engaging visual and interactive elements (animations, illustrations, diagrams) for use in screencast and live action videos, course visual aids, and printable guides and handouts. They have the creative ability to conceptualize and render visual media and the technical skills to be able to develop and optimize dynamic and responsive web pages and/or interactive media for desktop and mobile screens.
The submission of an online portfolio is required to be considered for this position.
• Collaborate with Online Learning instructional designers and SMEs from other departments to bring eLearning content to life through graphic design and multimedia. Design, develop, and refine graphics and animations for courses and webinars; create multimedia and video content.
• Build responsive courses using Articulate 360 (Storyline, Rise, Articulate, etc.), ensuring performance on desktop and mobile screens.
• Edit live action video as needed and output in the appropriate format for play on a variety of platform types and in courses.
• Design GUI for all Facing History courseware; customize LMS for Facing History branding, look, and feel. Create courseware templates for consistent user design and rapid production.
• Design quizzes, mini-games, and meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention.
• Upload courses into LMS, ensure that they are SCORM/xAPI compliant and that they conform to LMS standards.
• Work with broader team and stakeholders for review, revision, and deployment of courses and assets.
• Advise the team on authoring tools and technical requirements for finished products.
• Assist as needed with the management and administration of the learning management system, providing technical advice and support.
• Design and develop responsive web site for elearning products. Update web site content and design as needed.
• Outstanding graphic design skills showcasing the latest visual design trends.
• Advanced knowledge and use of multimedia development tools including Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and Camtasia Studio.
• Advanced knowledge and use of multimedia editing software such as Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, and Final Cut Pro.
• Advanced knowledge of and experience with video capture and editing for the web.
• Experience integrating multimedia content within a learning management system.
• Experience with and knowledge of SCORM and Tin-Can API.
• Advanced multimedia skills producing interactions that can play on any device.
• A practical knowledge of information architecture, content strategy, and user interface design a plus.
• A team player! Sense of humor and glass-half-full attitude. Willing and eager to learn new things.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link below. Please include a link to an online portfolio along with your resume.
Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.