Associate Director, Development - San Francisco/Silicon Valley, CA
Position: Associate Director, Development
Reports to: Associate Director for Organizational Advancement, West Coast
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start date: Immediate
The Associate Director, Development will work with development leadership, the office director, advisory board members, and other staff to initiate, plan, and manage efforts in the San Francisco Bay Area to realize organizational fundraising goals, including donor research and cultivation, gift solicitation, community outreach, and benefits/events. She/he is responsible for all development efforts and revenue; supports board activities; and works to build the pipeline of annual and capital giving donors to ensure a growing stream of revenue. The Associate Director also works to advance Facing History’s visibility and profile locally in partnership with organizational leadership and local program staff.
- Participate as a member of Facing History’s development team to create and implement strategies that secure higher levels of support for Facing History and Ourselves globally
- Work with development leadership to establish annual revenue goals and a fundraising plan for the San Francisco Bay Area Office, and provide regular reports on the progress of fundraising efforts.
- Serve as primary manager for a portfolio of current and potential major donors, conducting face-to-face prospect visits systematically with the aim of meeting and exceeding annual projections
- In close partnership with the Office Director, serve as primary manager of the San Francisco Advisory Board, communicating Facing History’s financial model, securing their gifts, providing stewardship and support, identifying and cultivating new members, and overseeing sub-committee activities. Own the primary relationship with the Advisory Chair.
- Oversee San Francisco-based fundraising events including annual benefit, corporate events, house parties, and special development projects
- Interact with grant writing team on proposal writing, follow-up, and reporting to foundations
- Leverage Facing History’s stellar reputation to reach out to community organizations, in an effort to cultivate relationships and develop new partnerships for Facing History
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, short-term & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a 10% organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted via link below.
- BA/BS degree, along with 5-8 years of proven experience in fundraising
- Strong familiarity with Silicon Valley and other local communities, including non-profit and educational communities
- Creative, self-starting organized professional with proven ability and the motivation to achieve a new level of organizational growth and fundraising as part of an organization-wide team
- Demonstrated supervision and leadership skills
- Genuine commitment to the mission of Facing History and Ourselves and ability to articulate the importance of the organization’s work
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to influence others
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced non-profit setting
- Strong familiarity with local community, including non-profit and educational communities
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.