Position: Data Manager, Communications & External Affairs
Reports to: Associate Director, External Affairs
Status: Full time, Exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: July 1, 2013
As an integral part of the Communications and External Affairs team, the Facing History and Ourselves Communications and External Affairs Data Manager will support the organizations efforts around constituency engagement, marketing outreach campaigns, and contact management. This role will manage, report, support, maintain, and train others to use the various contact management and marketing tools used by the organization, including but not limited to Salesforce, Vertical Response, and Google Analytics.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Management of Facing History’s Communications and External Affairs contacts and data across various platforms, including Salesforce and Vertical Response.
- Monitor for and maintain accurate data-entry and data management.
- Provide data entry and database management in support of regional program assistants as needed for any constituency engagement activities.
- In coordination with the Salesforce Administrator, lead database de-duping and clean-up procedures for Communications and External Affairs data.
- In coordination with the Salesforce Administrator, implement new enhancements on the Salesforce platform. Includes, testing, training and monitoring new functionality.
- Collaboration and communication across all departments about the Communications and External Affairs team use of data management tools such as Salesforce, Vertical Response, and Google Analytics
- Management of invite, RSVP, and attendee lists for all constituency engagement activities.
- Design Salesforce and other metric reports and dashboards to meet organizational needs for the Communications and External Affairs Team.
- Access, evaluate, merge, format, and analyze large datasets from internal and external sources to inform the organization’s strategy and measure the quality and fidelity of our work.
- Analyze data and metrics to identify, synthesize, and interpret trends in implementation and impact of Facing History’s constituency engagement activities. Create reports of the results for staff members, funders, and external audiences that highlight and share the work of the Communication and External Affairs Team members and report on the team’s strategic goals.
- Manage quarterly metric reports for the Communications and External Affairs Team. Respond to data and metric inquiries from staff and funders; write reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Apply design and data analysis techniques to organize the presentation of data and metrics in visually innovative ways in order to make it easier to understand and take action.
- Participate as a member of the email marketing team by partnering with staff to create and distribute mass emails; report on email metrics and data.
- Support other members of the email marketing team by designing queries and Salesforce campaigns for targeted email outreach plans.
- Manage all Communications and External Affairs contact maintenance for email marketing, including bounce and unsubscribe email notifications.
- Manage account relationship with email marketing vendor.
- Educate staff about email marketing best practices, including spam and email opt-out settings.
- Excellent Data Management Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Excellent project management skills
- Very detailed oriented
- Data manipulation and cleaning skills
- Strong documentation, communication and training skills
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, short-term & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a 10% organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter via the link below. Job posted until filled.
- BA/BS degree required
- 2-3 years of Salesforce experience working with a variety of tools such as Salesforce, Email Marketing Platforms, and Google Analytics
- Creative analytical thinker with strong research skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, be flexible and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative but work in a team environment.
- Proficient in data manipulation, strong excel skills and experience working with large data sets needed
- Commitment to and understanding of the mission of Facing History and Ourselves.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.