Position: Associate Director, Corporate Relations
Reports to: Senior Director, Development and External Affairs
Status: Full time, Exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: Immediate
Facing History’s strategic plan calls for a significant increase in reach and impact in the U.S. through eight offices, internationally through entities in the UK and Canada, and through global partnerships that deliver our pedagogy and materials on the ground and online. Facing History has built an extensive and diverse community of educators, advocates, and citizens who actively champion its work. The continued emphasis and tailored engagement of these audiences is critical to achieving the priorities Facing History has defined.
As a member of Facing History’s organization-wide development team, the Associate Director works to develop strategy and secure revenue from corporations, including corporate foundations, to support the goals and objectives of Facing History and Ourselves. The Associate Director will be responsible for developing strategies for reaching regional, national and international corporations, for cultivating prospects, soliciting and closing commitments, and stewarding corporate donors.
- Articulate Facing History’s mission, programs, and development opportunities in person and in for the organization, for institutional funding prospects and current donors
- Create and implement strategy for reaching and exceeding yearly and long-term revenue goals for corporate support
- Develop a robust pipeline of highly aligned corporate prospects to support the long-term revenue needs of Facing History
- Ensure highest possible retention rate for current donors, and identify and secure new corporate funders to create a renewable/incremental revenue stream supporting program and organizational priorities
- Cultivate, solicit and close, and steward corporate donors and prospects
- Develop strong working relationships with corporations locally, nationally, and internationally, including face to face meetings with corporations and onsite meetings with corporations in Facing History’s offices
- Write letters of inquiry, concept papers, proposals, and reports.
- Work with Program, Research & Development, other project staff and finance department to develop project action plans and budgets for program implementation
- Work with project staff and finance department to monitor effective implementation of grant requirements
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, short-term & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a 10% organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted via link below.
Job posted until filled.
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 5 years of fund-raising experience required
- Successful track record of funding from institutional sources through obtained grants
- Eagerness and ability to build relationships with funders in person; willingness to travel
- Demonstrated success in meeting annual and multi-year revenue goals
- Creative energy, self-starter
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Excellent communication skills, in person and on phone
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Interest in, and ability to articulate the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.