Position: Instructional Designer, Online Learning
Reports to: Director of Online Community, Practice and Research
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: Immediate
Facing History and Ourselves is greatly increasing its online resources and learning opportunities for educators and is seeking someone with an innovative approach to online learning to be part of the Program Technology team. He/she will be responsible for developing powerful online learning experiences for educators, internal staff, and students. The successful candidate will have strong technical skills, a deep understanding of student-centered pedagogy, and a rich sense of instructional design. On some projects, he/she will play a key role in conceptualizing, designing and implementing learning experiences and then lead production of online workshops, self-paced workshops, courses; and. On other projects, he/she will implement designs developed by other members of the program technology and content development team.
- Bring pedagogy into practice by exploring new ways of modeling Facing History online
- Share and pilot best practices for online educator and student learning experiences
- Create interactive and self-paced web learning experiences
- Create online workshops within a pre-existing customized Drupal-based platform
- Maintain, update, and create new online courses in Moodle or future learning management systems
- Be part of the digital infrastructure team to suggest enhancements and new features for online learning, partner closely with IT staff in the development and roll-out of new IT components
- Participate and present in meetings and retreats for program staff, including being part of the Program Technology Liaison team activities
- Stay current on latest issues, technology and methods of online learning through research, networking, and attending/or presenting at conferences.
- Communicate the status of projects
- Be part of Program Technology team to integrate the vision and strategy of online learning into larger organization goals
- Play a lead role in staff development in terms of the use of new technologies both for pedagogical purposes and for internal staff productivity and collaboration
- 3-5 years of experience
- BA /BS degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Experience in online course or workshop development
- Current on latest research and trends in online learning
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to follow through on all stages of a project
- Flexible nature and experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate challenges
- Strong team player who can work independently as well
- Ability to explain online learning and instructional design to diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills is a must
- Understanding of Facing History’s mission, culture and/ or nonprofit environments
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a 10% organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter via the link below. Job posted until filled.
- Experience with Drupal, Moodle, Adobe Connect, and Salesforce
- Experience with video production and editing
- Experience with mobile application development
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.